Wednesday 6 February 2013

Insane Zombie Fro

Dear Jen,

I'm starting to think about cutting Gavin's hair.

I was hoping to make it to three years old, but...well, it's finally getting to "that point". I've always been afraid of cutting it because so many people told me these terrible stories of cutting their children's curls just to have them never return! That would be SO SAD. But then, on some days his hair flops just so that it looks like Krusty the Clown. You know:

Then there's the problem with hats, which instantly destroy the beautiful ringlets and instead turn it into some insane zombie fro. You know:
 
Or, here we go:
 

And then also naps. Naps give him this tangled mess of dreadlocks in the back of his head.

But then, when I wash his hair, and brush it, and tease it up with my fingers, it's just so darn CUTE!

But I think I probably need to cut it. It's time. We've had a good run. I was lucky--with the curly locks, I was able to hold off on the feared "first haircut" longer than most. But...yup. I'm thinking it's time.

Evelyn, however, is looking top shape.


Love,

Jacqui



1 comment:

Jen said...

I needed this smile today Jacqui! You rock!