Tuesday 9 October 2012

Mini Muk Luks

Dear Jen,

I've decided that if our money-saving heating tactics are going to be successful this winter, the entire family must be fitted with cozy slippers. This morning I completed my first set--Gavin's. He loves them! He is pretty much as excited about a pair of hand-made slippers as a two-year-old boy can get. He wore them all day long; wouldn't take them off. So of course he peed all over them.

I mean, what else would you do with newly-completed hand-made custom slippers? Of course you would urinate all over them. Don't be silly.

I shouldn't make this sound worse than it is. To be fair, it's not like he singled them out. He also peed all over his pants and underwear, and then it dribbled down to his newly-completed hand-made custom slippers. Because, you know, walking five feet to the potty is an outrageous thing to expect from a two-year-old boy who has purportedly been going pee in the potty for nine months.

Outrageous.

I was going to take a picture of them, but of course now that will have to wait. I have instead provided the sample picture from the pattern so that you can comprehend what a true tragedy any sort of abuse of these too-cute-for-life slippers is. Try not to cry.


 

2 comments:

Jen said...

Dear Jacqui,

Peeing on things can be an instinctive way of marking one's territory. Clearly, he loved them so much he didn't want to risk anyone else touching them. (Or rubbing them against their face or anything.)

Love, Jen

P.S. Please tell me how you find all this time to do these crafty things. I went to the mw for my last apt wearing Joel's socks. Not such a big deal until I found my self sitting on a table with no pants on with Oilers sport socks pulled up to my knees. You are amazing.

Jacqui said...

You know what's great for crafty things? Breastfeeding. You can totally wield a crochet hook/knitting needle WHILE feeding your baby, so long as you prop him appropriately with a couch pillow!