Friday 8 June 2012

The Dream

Dear Jacqui,

Okay... well first off, I just want to point out that it is so cold here that as I am typing this, my FURNACE is running.  Seriously.  I am completely convinced that I am going to end up with a gas "adjustment" bill as I am completely sure that when they are annualize my usage, they are counting on us NOT using heat in the summer.  Imagine that!  Joel is away the last week of June and if things don't look up, I may very well have to take the kids somewhere in search of sunshine...  Wanna meet in Winnipeg?

So I had a nice/weird/obviously a symptom of pregnancy dream last night...  I was ironing ('cause that's how I spend all my free time) when your little family showed up at our place!  Apparently you had just moved back (surprise!) and showed up at our house with your little trailer hoping to stay here.  In my dream though, we lived in our townhouse, so somehow you just moved in next door.  I know you don't care for condo living, but wouldn't it be nice to be neighbours?!  :)  Anyways, we decided to go for dinner and you wanted to borrow something of mine to wear and were getting increasingly frustrated with everything you tried on that I didn't have anything long enough to fit you.  (Darn my 5'4" frame!)  In the meantime, Brad was walking around looking like a mammoth because he hadn't showered or shaved the whole 5 day trip down.  (Though it was completely exaggerated in my dream and it looked more like he hadn't showered or shaved in 5 months!)  You wanted him to shower before we went out for dinner (Chinese in case you are interested in the details) and he kept saying that he only showers in the mornings and he couldn't shower in then or it would "mess up his system."  While that was going on, Zach & Evelyn jumped off Zach's bunk bed and Zach got a bloody nose.  I started freaking out that he was getting blood on the carpet but he wouldn't go into the bathroom to clean up.  (This actual seems quite realistic to me.)

Somehow the dream ended with me on the floor with Zach and you kicking me in the back while I was down...  except in real life I woke up to Masen (who I brought to bed with us) kicking me in the kidneys.  I am still sore today, but I am choosing to use that pain to remind me of you.  :)  Plus that type of thought redirection will likely result in a more pleasant day for Masen.

So, do you ever have a dream where when you wake up (probably because it is from a sudden force like a kick in the back) you have to think about what was real and what wasn't?  Well, let's just say I'm slightly disappointed this morning that you aren't my neighbour... Though if you saw how gloomy it was right now, I doubt you would share the same sentiment.

Happy Friday!  Talk soon?!

Love, Jen

No comments: