Friday 9 August 2013

Brain Child

Dear Jen,

There are so many things I could write to you. I think about it sometimes--when I'm cleaning a room, or putting a child to sleep, or walking outside, or wallowing in exhaustion on the couch--I'll think of things I would write to you if my brain were attached to the computer.

Why haven't they invented that yet?

They probably have...it's just not safe or something. Too high a chance of your brain exploding. Honestly if there were any chance of my brain exploding I don't think I'd do it. Just ain't good business sense.

Anyway, despite all these things I could say, I will say none of it. Because it's actually the middle of the day right now, and I have a baby crawling on me, and kids elsewhere in the house almost certainly making an unmanageable disaster. I hear a smashing sound...I'm hoping it doesn't lead into a breaking sound.

So I will offer you nothing. Nothing except the knowledge that I'd like to write awesome things to you every day.

Love,

Jacqui

1 comment:

Jen said...

That knowledge is enough for me. :)

I remember just before we moved here, Joel's Dad bought a new computer that had voice typing. For months after I dreamed of getting our own voice typing thing so that I could blog whenever a profound thought popped into my mind. (& you know the other junk bouncing around in there.) Then Zach turned two & I realized that it would NEVER work and that anything I ever dictated while he was awake would make me sound like I had tourettes.... though maybe that would just make it entertaining?! I imagine that mind typing would be the same. You'd be in the middle of a story & all of a sudden there would be a grocery list or something. Anyways, thinking about thinking is enough to make me smile. :)