Sunday 11 August 2013

Another Poem

Dear Jacqui,

My friend... that so very much sucks.  & it makes me think of my own poem:

Friend is aching,
My heart is breaking.

I wish I had something spectacularly encouraging to say or a way that I could beam myself there to just help & be present.  But I can't & I hate that.  So thought it seems cliché, I genuinely will pray because lately it seems like that is all I can do.  So right now & tomorrow & the day after & as long as needed, I will pray...  for healing in Brad's body & for strength & peace for each of you & that you will have many moments full of true joy even in the midst of struggle.

Love, Jen

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Oy. I JUST found this. I need to set up email notifications. Anyway, having your thoughts is plenty support. I don't know if it's the same for you. Probably in your case having someone around to help with the older kids when needed and such would be even MORE valuable. Alas, tis not our fate. After a couple days in and out of the hospital for procedures and exquisite pain, Brad started to improve, and most importantly put himself on a strict medication schedule that helped to keep the pain mitigated. Once again he's on the upswing. I'm hoping that THIS is the last big hurdle for a long time...and now I have the urge to knock on some wood.