Wednesday 4 September 2013

Movin' On

Dear Jen,

I just wanted to point some exciting things out.

1. Due to NSAC's becoming part of Dalhousie, registration practices have changed, and Brad needed to register for his entire 2013/2014 year right away. This means that Brad is now OFFICIALLY registered for every single class he needs to take to graduate.

2. Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's 2013 post-grad recruitment program opens next week, which will mark the first official job application Brad makes for a real grown-up job.

3. Today I signed Ev and Gav up for a six-week program at the library. Then I'll sign them up for the next one, and by the time that ends, it'll be Christmas, and Brad will be but ONE semester away from graduating. My how the time flies!

There are some other less happy but still excitement-generating things I've been noticing. Like way back on Canada Day, we had some friends who went to a really cool festival that happens about an hour from here. I thought for a moment, "That sounds awesome! I think I'll do that next year!" And then quickly realized I probably won't be here by next Canada Day.

Then there's our local church's beach trip to my beloved Caribou Munroes Provincial Park...

Look at all that fabulous sand!
 
...and realized that, this being September now, that was probably my last ever visit to that spot.
 
Don't feel sad for me though. I'm not sad. I love Nova Scotia. I love my friends. I love so many things about my life here (how many times have I said that already on this blog?), but I have to admit, I'm just straight up EXCITED to move on and get going on our BIG. LIFE. PLANS.
 
Woot woot! Now just to figure out where we'll be moving on to!


1 comment:

Jen said...

I am beyond excited to see where life takes you! (Though I do have some very specific wishes in that department!) ;)