Monday 29 August 2011

Day 3 - On the road again...

Dear Jacqui,

I have about 36 seconds to write this and then delete all evidence of my secret blog from my MIL's computer, so this will be brief.

Once we passed, I actually tried about 546 times to call you... mostly to make fun of you... possibly to make plans to meet in Banff...

But between Brad not honking and your not answering, I figured this was phase two of "the shun"... (phase one being moving across the country, phase three being removing me from FB) so I resolved myself to a life without the ALX family.

Once in Calgary, I mentioned to my Aunt that maybe, just maybe, I would secretly find out where the Kern's lived and try to meet you for breakfast.  (By "secretly", I actually just mean "call you & ask")  but then I talked myself out of it thinking that it was best to not to interfere with your schedule or confuse the kids too much.

NOW, I so very much wish that you I would have been more persistent in trying to reach you or the you would have called me on Saturday/Sunday... I could have helped!  My aunt actually gave me four new tires for my van... (not that I know much about tires, but in my head I could have given you two)  AND - I would have been delighted to take you & the kids up to Lethbridge and save you the torture of the Hound.  (As a matter of fact, the drive back by myself - ('cause in my mind, I left my children in Calgary with my aunt) may have been the most glorious time of my life... a little radio... a little chocolate... I love it!) 

Regrets, regrets.

Okay, so now that I realize we are just in phase one of the shunning, I will follow my instincts and stalk you to the end.

Love, Jen

P.S.  It seems you have put a whole new meaning to the phrase "Truroton or Bust"...
P.P.S.  More seriously, we'll keep praying for a safe trip & arrival.

No comments: