Friday 9 September 2011

Day 15 - I'm Back

Dear Jacqui,

'Member that physco I used to be?  The overly friendly one who felt the need to stalk unsuspecting Mothers with young children in hopes of coercing them into joining my Mom's group?

Yeah?  Well... she's back... Umm...  I mean - I'm back.

And frankly, it's exhausting.

I noticed you "left" the FB group... not that I blame you.  15 million updates from an overly zealous mother is likely a little more than I can handle... and I'm her.

Speaking of the Babes, we got together on Wednesday and it was nice... Nikki asked how you were doing and I (embarrassingly) got a little choked up.  Who would have thought I was such a lush?  ('Cept when I looked up the definition of the word "lush" it said "one who becomes intoxicated after a few drinks and flirts with everyone"... so maybe I'm not a lush... or maybe this is my cry for help and you'll never know it)  

Or maybe I just mean "gush".

Or maybe I just mean "ridiculously emotional".  Whatever.

So, we sat around and talked about how great you are... how hard it is to move away... sent you a bunch of well wishes... and then I changed the subject before I said anything too ridiculous.  Anyways, you are great and all, but I am handling this with the same grace I handle PMS... or pregnancy... and I need to PEP UP.  Not that Zach crying for half an hour saying that he knew that Evelyn didn't live here anymore, but he just wanted to visit her makes me handle things any better... Nor him waking up the in the middle of the night crying for an hour citing the reason as "missing Ebawyn".  


Anyways.  Back to my point...


It's true.  I'm coping the way I know best...  chasing people around pretending to be complimenting their 22 month old's intelligence as they absent-mindedly munch on grass and then saying things like, "Sven - what a wonderful name!  You are just too cute little Spent... I mean Sven... lovely name!  Rolls off my tongue!  Sven, Sven, Sven!"  Ugh.   

Ugh.  Ugh.  Ugh.

Anyways.  Be glad you moved... She is super annoying.

Love, Jen


No comments: