Sunday 2 October 2011

Day 37 - Iggy

Dear Jacqui,

So I'll be completely honest about the plant...



Alive & well-ish!  I think he misses you.

Although let me tell you... this is much like (what I imagine) having a puppy would be like.  I spent most of the day moving Iggy all over the house chasing the (what is becoming less & less) sunlight and praying that he doesn't die.

He starts over on the kitchen table and then slowly creeps over to the side table beside the fridge until he ends up in the living room waiting for the afternoon sunshine.  I've been trying to prepare him for the months of gloom that lay ahead, but he has already been through so much, I just don't want to break his spirit. 

On more than one occasion, I have had to get back out of bed when I have realized that I didn't move him out of the living room and back to the kitchen table before going to bed... Once I even awoke in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep without checking that he was in position for the morning glory.

I've even started leaving the blinds open over the patio door so that Iggy doesn't have to wait on me (just God) for some golden goodness.  AND I've worked it into my weekly routine (read: "on my calendar") when to water him.  I pray for him, sing to him and regularly swat away well meaning fingers.  He is practically my third child.

Anyways - just to clarify - I'm not OCD or anything about it...

***

Time is an interesting thing... In someways it feels like it was just yesterday we met at the park and our kidlings were tearing through the puddles together.  In other ways, I feel like we have been friends forever.

Wasn't it a great summer year though?


Love, Jen

P.S.  I'm so glad that you gave our SDS a name... Oh yes, I am taking it one step further and giving it an acronym!

P.P.S.  Really, really great year!


2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Remember me telling you how hardy this plant is? You should really think about trying just leaving it in one proud spot and abusing it a little. It'll be good for little Iggy--and probably for your SLEEP!

LOL.

Jacqui said...

PS Convincing graphics!