Tuesday 29 November 2011

Baby Poop and Chicken Coop (my new blog name?)

Dear Jen,

You know how I like problem solving? Well, today my baby afforded me yet another exciting opportunity to problem solve. Although I'm not so sure I like it very much anymore. See, after supper today I thought to myself, "Gavin needs a new diaper." So I brought him into the living room and took off his diaper. But as I was getting his new diaper ready he took the opportunity to excape into the hallway behind me! "Oh shucks," I thought, and slowly gathered my diapering supplies to follow him into the dining room. Before I could get there however, he began crying and freaking out. As I entered the dining room I saw that he was standing on the wicker-based chair with his hands on the table, looking down at his feet and crying.

It took a moment to realize what I was looking at.

And then I screamed, "BRAD!" because you see, Gavin had POOPED all over the wicker based chair.

The wicker based chair.

It was awful. I told Brad to pick a task and predictably he chose the baby. So I was left with a chair covered with soft squishy baby poo, which was oh so impossibly intermingled into the weaves of the wicker.

Fortunately I thought pretty quick on this one: took it outside and power sprayed the daylights out of it. The chair is now drying on the porch.

So gross.

In better news, we got our first egg today from our chickens! Yay! Here it is:
Isn't it pretty?

Although there is one little problem with it. Evelyn discovered it here:

But the chickens are supposed to lay here:


So Brad went to the feed store and bought some fake eggs to put in the nesting boxes. Supposed to give the chickens the idea I guess. We'll see if it works! In the meantime, we have a beautiful, smooth, round-ish homegrown chicken egg!

You guys definitely have to visit someday--if only to experience the awesome chicken coop in person! In fact, I bet if you told Zach about that, he'd get even more excited than he is about Mickey! Just sayin'!

Love,

Jacqui

No comments: