Sunday 6 November 2011

Dance Party

Dear Jacqui,

Aren't you lucky you get to "play" me?  I mean, imagine if you had to be Joel or something... that'd be way more lame.

Speaking of Joel, he had his first "real taste" of "Life Without Evelyn" on Friday...

I had Joel's laptop in the kitchen and was checking Facebook.  (It's crazy how interested I can still be only having two friends... although even when I had 100 or whatever - it was still you & K I was most sincerely interested in... but anyways...) I see that you posted a little video of E & G dancing, so I call Z to the kitchen to watch it with me.  (Side note - oh.m.goodness - Could Gavin BE any bigger!?  What the heck are you feeding him?  I swear if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it!  AND what a cutie... I almost can't handle myself!)  Okay <ahem> back to the story...

Zach comes in, gets up on a chair and pushes his face up so that it is almost touching the monitor.  Evelyn is dancing on the screen and Z brushes her image with his thumb.  Moments quickly pass, when Zach cries out "Mom!  Quick!  Put some music on so I can dance with Evelyn!"  Always up for a little dance party, I dash to the radio and whisper a prayer of thanks when one of Z's favorite "dance songs" is on.  (Since I know you are dying with curiosity, I'll link it up)

The next three minutes (or thirty-three... whatever) are spent "dancing with Evelyn"... calling to her image on the screen... encouraging her to twirl... mimicking her... and showing her Zach's our moves.


Joel observing the whole thing leans into me and says genuinely, "That may actually be one of the saddest things I have ever seen..."

I take a deep breath and respond seriously, "No... it's actually way sadder when they play 'hide & seek' on Skype"

Whatever. This just increases Joel's willingness to send me on a February Extravaganza.

Love, Jen

P.S.  If you really valued our friendship like you say you do, I think you'd spring for a fireplace... just sayin'.

No comments: