Friday 4 November 2011

Your Life as a Sitcom

Dear Jen,

Just now Evelyn was standing in my empty flour bucket (which unfortunately was emptied half-way through making bread--during Gavin's nap, which means no running out. DOH!) asking if I could give her a ride. When I explained that I was not strong enough, she replied, "Dsoel is. Dsoel is drong enuf."

Which reminded me: One of Evelyn's favourite pretending games is to pretend that one of us is Joel, and one of us is Jen. And then we go about living life and running errands. It's like a really great sitcom! Sometimes she plays Jacqui and I get to be Jen--and then Gavin of course would be Zach or Evelyn. She tries to insist that I refer to Gavin by such designated names, but the problem of course is that Gavin doesn't know that is his new name, so it doesn't really work all that well.

She likes to do that, or listen to Sharon, Lois and Bram.

Kids.

No comments: