Wednesday 7 September 2011

Day 12 - Alive & Well (?)

Dear Jacqui,

So you made it hey?  What's a lengthy journey without a bit of a story?

Although I am wondering if all this adventure seals the fate of NS being your final destination.


Zach had a brilliant idea today when he suggested moving play group to Nova Scotia so that Evelyn could attend.  I'm all for it.  Do you think there is any chance we can make it there in 13 or so hours (minus time change and 10 hours of sleep?)  Oh, and I'll need a few minutes to put together a bit of a snack.  What do you think?  Possible???

I almost mangled myself today playing with Zach on the swings.  You know that "fly on your tummy" thing that Z & E do???  Well, let's just say it's not for grown-ups.  (You can file that in your back pocket until the next time you feel tempted to pretend to be a toddler and then thank me later for saving your knees from a near death experience... Probably not as near-death as your traveling experience, but a valuable lesson none the less.)

Supposed to be 30ish all week... just sayin'.

Today was our first real live day of no fwiends.  No E-town, no daddy days, no cousins... just us.  Sad, sad, day.

BUT - as it turns out, I am ridiculously productive when I have no fwiends and my husband isn't a student.  Pictures of my kitchen, children's room AND master room to come.  (I know, you can barely contain yourself)

Although I'd rather continue to live in a disaster zone and have fwiends... just sayin'.

Missing you - fwiend.

Love, Jen

P.S.  I am logging off to watch Hoarders.  This is what my life has become.
P.P.S.  I am canceling cable tomorrow.  Stop the madness.





No comments: