Friday 3 February 2012

Early August

Dear Jen,

Just thought I'd take a quick moment, after having talked about my near-miscarriage experience last week, to let you know the fruits of my ultrasound appointment today:

1. Baby appears normal as normal can be. Saw a spine and heartbeat and everything.
2. Baby is not ectopic, which I had almost convinced myself of today when I felt some sharp cramping in my lower abdomen--I decided (bad idea) to do a little research. Barely evaded fainting by reaching the couch just in the nick of time! Phew! Now I'm pretty sure I remember having the same pains last pregnancy, which the midwife cracked up to being ligament stretching.
3. I am about 14 weeks along.

Glad I've done this three times before, because I chose, in light of comfort, to follow the bladder filling instructions very loosely and it was an altogether quick and pleasant experience!

Yay for healthy babies! Here's praying you can find yourself some more regular sleep so you can be a healthy mom!

Love,

Jacqui

No comments: